How Instagram Revolutionized the Photographic Industry
If you’re are a photographer looking to make a living online, selling your shots, then Instagram is the right platform for you. “A single photo is worth a thousand words,” is a popular saying, and that’s very true because one of the most fundamental jobs of a picture is to tell your story in a single picture.
The traditional method of snapping a picture and selling it to a publisher is a bygone. In today’s technologically driven, digital world, the process of taking a picture and selling it couldn’t be easier. With your cell phone, you can snap a picture, edit it, upload it to social media tool, and get someone to buy it.
One of the best social media tools that accommodate visual content such as pictures, infographics, videos, and images is Instagram. Here are some of the ways Instagram revolutionized the photography industry:
Integration of various social media platforms
Instagram gives you a chance to link your various accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.- to your Instagram account. This helps in sharing the photos you share with a larger group of people. This even helps in getting reviews from multiple people with varying ideas, which is essential for your photography business.
Convenient and easy for editing your pictures
With its various photo-editing tools, along with photo filtering options, you can edit your photos with Instagram the way you want them. This removes the use of intermediate apps for editing and reduces your work with this integration. This feature is not positively received by professional photographers, but others find it easy to use and hence go for it.
It is a good alternative to other photo-editing apps
At places where carrying your professional cameras is impossible, you can resort to your phone cameras. Instagram comes into the picture in the editing of photos before sharing them on your account. Therefore, it makes your photos catchy and attractive every step of the way.
It is the integration of many things.
With Instagram, you can click a photo like your phone camera app, edit it like any other editing app and share your photos like on any other social media platform. Hence it is a very good combination of all these. Also, it is an effective alternative for DSLR’s say for a budding photographer.
Things to avoid on Instagram
There are some things that every photographer needs to avoid when using Instagram for their business. on Instagram are
- You should make sure that you never ever put up a photo which someone else has clicked without their permission. This may lead to copyright problems and will decrease your number of followers on Instagram.
- You should never put any objectionable photos which might decrease the effect created by other posts of yours. Remember one thing that there are millions of people with various ideologies which are active on Instagram.
Tips for success
Other things that you might want to keep in mind to increase your reach to people and gathering more followers to become a famous photographer are listed below.
- When opening a new account, choose a catchy profile name and an attractive profile picture for your account. One of the things that you should do is to ensure your profile page looks good – with quality picture and creative
- If you are a posting some photos on Instagram then you should also look at the reviews or comments that people drop on your content. And make use of their suggestion to improve your chances of getting more followers and excelling on the photo-sharing
- If you are an amateur photographer then you can use the photo editing tools available on Instagram. This might help increase your follower counts with a great collection of pictures.
- Be active on Instagram. This means that: You should post content more often, and do it consistently. People will start following someone else if you go inactive for a while, as there are a number of photographers who might be offering good pictures just as you.
- Other things you can do if you are new to Instagram so you can boost your fan base are as follows: You can buy real Instagram followers, buy Instagram likes and buy views on Instagram just so you can be more exposed.
- You can even buy Instagram comments so that you increase the reach of your posts in a much faster way than your competitors. expected. More existing followers means much more people will come and view your profile, share your posts and like them as well.
- Use cool captions and hashtags in your This will help you stand out it will also help people find you easily as the search the hashtags you share.
- Tag relevant people in the posts. This may lead them and their followers to be more attracted to your photos and eventually follow and like your posts.
Instagram is becoming the new market for photographers. All kinds of photographers – both professionals and amateurs are on the photo-sharing app to display their art and promote their brand. Some succeed while others are lost and forgotten.
If you want to stand out from the rest and be at the top, then upload your favorite photos, edit them with the Instagrams editing feature, and post them with great and memorable captions. Do this constantly, and you’re on your way to becoming the next million dollar photographer in your industry.